Doctors without borders (MSF) Jobs in Egypt : Clinical Psychologist
Welcome to JobwebEgypt.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Egypt. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Doctors without borders (MSF) Egypt
- Location: Egypt
- State: Jobs in Cairo, Egypt
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Egypt
As a clinical psychologist, your role will be to propose, implement and improve treatment for patients with mental conditions, with strategies and tools adapted to the context and culture.
A substantial part of your work will involve coordination of the different activities, training and supervising staff who carry out the mental health/psychosocial support activities.
As a mental health specialist you may work with people suffering from post-traumatic stress related to a conflict situation or natural disaster, with victims of sexual violence, or with people being treated for HIV/AIDS and/or tuberculosis. Work may occasionally include direct clinical care, but of primary importance will be your capacity to recruit, train, and supervise locally hired mental health workers, and to adapt tools to local cultural needs/contexts and to changing circumstances in the field
· Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the Mental Health activity manager and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
· Coordinates activities of counseling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts on mental health matters, including referral services.
· Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psycho social needs
· Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project.
· Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
· Oversee the administrative processes associated with psychosocial functioning.
· When needed, give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
· Compile the data and statistic linked with MH activities and report to the MH activity manager
· Offer clinical counseling supervision to mental health counselors in collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager.
· Ensure the patient’s related information is kept confidential.
· Master of clinical psychology
· Relevant clinical work experience of minimum 2 years
· Experience in treating trauma/violence related problems.
· Medical ethics,
· Cultural sensitivity,
· Openness and flexibility,
· Ability to live and work as a team,
· Ability to manage stress,
· Availability: MSF requires a minimum of a 2 years commitment.
· Arabic, English and/or French.
What we offer:
- A fixed-term contract
- Monthly pay salary during the mission
- A daily allowance (per diem) during the mission
- Medical coverage
- Payment of all mission-related expenses (transport, accommodation)
- The opportunity to work and quickly take on responsibilities in humanitarian situations and varied medical programs
- Personalized career development, with access to different levels of training, in order to grow within the organization.
How to Apply
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Egypt. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE
Job Expires in: 113 days