World Health Organization Jobs in Egypt : National Professional Officer (Administration)
Welcome to JobwebEgypt.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Egypt. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: World Health Organization
- Location: Egypt
- State: Egypt
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Egypt
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Office of the Regional Director has the overall responsibility for planning, executing and evaluating WHO programmes at the regional and country level, and in strengthening the alignment and joint work across the three levels of the Organization.
Description Of Duties
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Director, the incumbent is required to support the Regional Director in ensuring efficient and effective management of the Office of the Regional Director. Specifically the incumbent will:
- Oversee the Regional Director’s e-mail correspondence information flow: analyze information, identify priorities, initiate responses when appropriate, coordinate with internal/external parties to ensure requisite and timely follow up on actions, monitor progress, provide regular updates to Regional Director.
- Assist the Regional Director in liaising with technical focal points across the Organization, external experts and partners, as well as with inter-governmental/international organizations, including the UN, etc., concerning Regional Director’s technical agenda.
- Support Regional Director in the preparation of technical documents, papers and reports as required by the Regional Director, according diligence to respect of deadlines and compliance with rules, regulations and procedures.
- Edit electronic and hard copy correspondence as well as managerial documentation prepared in English for Regional Director’s signature, ensuring compliance with rules, regulations and procedures. Initiate responses, as appropriate. Collaborate with relevant staff in planning, coordinating and preparing in English of Regional Director’s statements and speeches.
- Attend meetings with the Regional Director; whenever necessary, prepare minutes and ensure timely and efficient follow up on implementation of ensuing actions.
- Coordinate with other staff in the Regional Director Office, in planning and preparing for Global Governing Body Meetings outside the Regional Office, including the World Health Assembly, Executive Board and Programme, Budget and Administration Committee and coordinate with relevant parties concerning timely submission of technical papers and ensuing actions/briefings for Regional Director; set up, ensure provision of requisite levels of office support and effectively manage Regional Director’s Office during these events; coordinate with Member States’ representatives, Headquarters, other WHO Offices, external entities, etc., in organizing pre-event and post event meetings; ensure smooth running of related attendances, attend meetings, take minutes, and follow up on implementation of ensuing actions.
- Supervise, guide and develop the capacity of RDO’s administrative staff through review of work, proper orientation, guidance, training and coaching to support their development.
- Assist the Regional Director in monitoring compliance in the implementation of specific technical and managerial recommendations including RD’s circulars.
Essential: University Degree in public or business administration, economics, social sciences or related field or equivalent on-job training/ or self-study/work experience
Essential: At least 5 years relevant experience in efficiently and effectively managing the Office of an inter-governmental/international organization High-level Executive. Documented experience in planning and managing the attendance and participation of the Executive in High-level meetings and Governing Body events within the United Nations system; proven experience in planning and managing appropriate interactions relating to the Executive’s technical agenda with results-based focus; established skills in coordinating with senior government officials of Member States, including ministerial level, high-level officials of inter-governmental agencies/international organizations and other entities.
Desirable: At least 5 years relevant experience in responsible roles involving the application of administrative and management principles and practices within the United Nations system.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments with efficiency, adhering to deadlines and emergency/shifting priorities.
- Documented ability to effectively and efficiently manage an Executive Level Office in an inter-governmental/international agency.
- Ability to coordinate and follow up with Member States and other partners.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with a confirmed ability to switch priorities at short notice, as and when required.
- Ability to act independently and exercise mature judgment.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with ability to think beyond boundaries.
- Excellent drafting skills with demonstrated ability in the development and editing of technical documents.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with staff at all levels and with varying cultural backgrounds, as well as an ability to exercise tact and discretion at all times.
WHO global Competencies model at http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Arabic.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at EGP 673,509 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
2 years (Extension is subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need for the position)
Feb 5, 2019, 12:29:06 PM
Feb 19, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
EM/RDO Office of The Regional Director
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
How to ApplySubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Egypt. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE
Job Expires in: Endless