World Health Organization Jobs in Egypt : National Professional Officer
Welcome to JobwebEgypt.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Egypt. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: World Health Organization
- Location: Egypt
- State: Egypt
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Egypt
Administrative Services Unit (ASU) ensures that adequate support to Country and Regional offices is provided to guarantee decentralized, secure and effective implementation of technical programmes. To develop and sustain WHO as a flexible, learning organization, enabling it to carry out its mandate more efficiently and effectively. Privileges, Protocol, Travel and Conference (PTC) is a subunit under the ASU that applies the legal framework of privileges and immunities granted to the WHO/EMRO based on the host-agreement and handles all matters related to Travel and Conference area as well as fleet management to the best interest of the Organization providing efficient, consistent and reliable delivery of comprehensive services.
Description Of Duties
- Manage and supervise the day-to-day work of Protocol, Travel & Conference team, ensuring that activities are carried out in a highly professional and timely manner.
- Optimize the performance of the PTC staff through motivation, continuous learning, workload management and workflow improvements.
- Establish and maintain effective public relations with Ministry of Foreign Affairs high officials and authorities of the host country to ensure best practices on privileges and immunities in accordance to the Host Agreement.
- Negotiate best rates with hotels on yearly basis to be applied during meetings/events and for WHO staff and visitors and provide guidance to country offices on the process and criteria to apply the same.
- Ensure smooth operations of efficient planning and arranging of WHO meetings and events, including constitutional and technical meetings at the RO, and extend assistance to countries if required in this field.
- Analyze requirements of meetings, discuss budgets with technical units, and provide cost estimates and accounting control to ensure an optimal use of resources.
- Liaise with the shipping agencies to ensure high quality of services related to shipping & clearing.
- Liaise and negotiate with Embassies and Consulates based in Cairo, Ministry of Interior and State Security Department on all matters related to issuance of visas to staff and non-staff meeting participants from different nationalities.
- Oversee the timely settlement of invoices for ticketing, visas, and shipping customs clearance invoices through GSM.
- Oversees the provision of catering and hospitality services for major meetings in the regional office.
- Manages the issuance of Request for Proposals (RFP) for the services of clearing agencies, travel agencies and car insurance companies.
- Establish and maintain regular contacts with Sales Tax Department, to ensure proper implementation of granted exemptions and monitor the update of suppliers’ lists to be submitted to the Sales Tax Authority.
- Provide briefings to current and newly hired international staff related to privileges and immunities, protocol travel & conference and clear separation documentation related to PTC area, i.e. the status of UNLP, MOFA ID card, car sale or exportation.
- Modify approaches and mechanisms to improve services provided for catering, conference, shipping, travel by air or road, visas, car sale, car purchase, transfer of ownership, renewal of licenses, etc…
- Conduct trainings related to “travel management” to all EMRO and Country Offices staff.
- Manage and oversee the RO car fleet, the day to day operation of the drivers, the monitoring of fuel consumption, the maintenance and insurance contracts, as well as ensuring payments to suppliers are done in a timely manner.
Essential: University degree in public or business administration.
Essential: At least five years of relevant experience working in the area of protocol, privileges, immunities, travel and conference with management responsibilities
Desirable: Working experience with UN Organizations or NGOs.
Ability to work closely in harmony with government and international officials at all levels.Ability to work under pressure.Demonstrated ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment. Ability to work harmoniously as a manager as well as a member of a team.Good general knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems.
WHO global Competencies model at http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Arabic.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at EGP 673,509 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
- For assessment of your application, please ensure that your profile on Stellis is updated; all experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time. Kindly note that CV/PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible
2 years (Extension is subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need for the position)
Oct 9, 2019, 11:56:36 AM
Oct 30, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
EM/DAF General Management
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
How to Apply
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Egypt. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE
Job Expires in: 138 days